Recipe adapted from the original on Tastemade , to make it veggie-friendly! Omit the eggs for a vegan-friendly recipe.
- One whole pineapple
- 2 – 3 cups day old rice
- 2 eggs, whisked (optional, remove for vegan-friendly!)
- Half a white onion, chopped
- 2 stalks of green onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated Ginger
- 3 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- Handful of Cashews, chopped
- Half a Lime
- Black pepper, to taste
- Soy sauce, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Oil for pan
- Sweet Chili Sauce, for garnish (optional)
Cook it up!
- Cut your pineapple in half and gut it. Remove all of it’s delicious insides because it’s time for your pineapple to serve it’s higher purpose. Once you’ve hollowed out the pineapple and created a hollow husk, drain the remaining liquids and set aside. You’re going to use it as a fancy bowl for your rice later. Also, cut your fruit into chunks and set aside for now.
- I suggest using a Wok pan since it’s a lot of content, however a deep pan works fine. Heat your pan and add the oil of your choice at a medium heat. I use sunflower seed oil but i’m not going to tell you how to live your life.
- Once your oil is hot to trot, add your white onion and cook for approximately 3 minutes. Then add minced garlic and grated ginger and cook until fragrant.
- Add your chopped green onions, red chili peppers and your two whisked eggs. Cook everything together until it resembles a scramble (or omit the eggs at your choice). Then add your rice and mix.
- Once your rice is mixed in, add salt, pepper, juice from half a lime and soy sauce to taste. Cook for two more minutes and add your chunks of pineapple and tomato. Mix in and take off heat.
- Serve your rice in the hollowed out husk of your lovely Pineapple host-body/bowl and garnish with a drizzling of sweet chili sauce. This is it’s ultimate purpose, don’t insult pineapples by putting them on pizza.